“I’m looking for a house zoned for a specific school.” Real Estate agents get this request all the time. Well, although there are many real estate agents looking to close a deal, honesty should always come first. The truth is school zones constantly change and you might buy a home in an area you like, zoned for a specific school but rezoning might cause this to change and chances are, that next year your child might end up in a different school.
As a mom of two kids I know how important education is. Here is what I practice in my personal life in order to have peace of mind that my kids are well taken care of.
- Have a plan B when it comes to choosing a school zone. Find out what charter or magnet schools you have around.
- Set a budget for private school in case zoning changes. Saving money is always positive. If you don’t use it for school you might use it for your child’s first car or even for college!
To find out school zones in Tampa, Hernando, Pasco, Pinellas and Polk visit the following links.
- Hernando http://www.hcsb.k12.fl.us
- Hillsborough http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us
- Pasco http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us
- Pinellas http://www.pcsb.org
- Polk http://www.polk-fl.net
By: Mariel Calderon, Real Estate Agent for Keller Williams Tampa Properties. Contact